Here's a question we get asked often; How do I take care of my metal dice? Metal dice are a fun addition to any tabletop roleplaying game, and if you want to keep them tip top shiny game ready shape for years to come, follow these simple care pointers.
Simple Steps for Metal Dice Care:
- Store your dice in a dry, soft container. A soft dice bag or sturdy dice box lined with foam is best. Keeping your metal dice in a plastic container with no padding can accelerate chipping, and can promote condensation on your dice.
- Wipe your dice with a soft, lint free cloth, this will eliminate dust and finger grease.
- Store your metal dice separately from plastic or resin based dice: plastic dice are much softer and are easily dented by your metal dice.
- To extend the life of your metal dice, use a dice mat or dice box when rolling them: these specially designed surfaces protect your dice from extensive wear.
- If the dice require more thorough cleaning, put a small amount of soap (such as Palmolive) on a wet paper towel, work into a lather, then gently wipe your dice and rinse in cool water. Dry immediately with a non-abrasive towel. You should only need to do this very rarely.
Metal dice from DiceDungeons.com are high quality and will last you a long time. Every one of our dice sets comes with either a bag or dice box that will keep them safe and looking great! If we didn’t cover something here that you have a question about, drop us an e-mail or tweet at us!